Here's how to turn it the hell off.
- Log into Facebook.
- Go to news.yahoo.com.
- Look at the right hand edge of the page. You'll see a section titled "You on Yahoo News". If you don't see it go back to Facebook and follow one of the spam links the bastard posted to your wall.
- Click the arrow next to "Social" and set your status to "Off."
- Click the arrow next to "Your Activity" and delete all of the articles that show up in the listing.
- Click on "Options" and select "Remove this Experience."
- The whiny little b**ch will ask you to confirm that you want to remove it. Click "Remove" again.
- Next, use a text editor to open C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\hosts
- Add the following line to the bottom of the file and save the changes:
- 127.0.0.1 news.yahoo.com
Finally, the next time you click a link to a news story on Facebook, and you get told that you need to allow the web site hosting the story some kind of access to your Facebook profile to continue, close the page and move on with life.