Welcome to Earthlink LiveChat. Your chat session will begin shortly.
Not at home and you want to read your email? With EarthLink Web Mail you can check your email from any computer with an internet connection!
'Darrell P' says: Thank you for contacting EarthLink LiveChat, how may I help you today?
halleyscomet: I attempted to contact DISASTERRECOVERYGROUP.COM through the information on their whois record, and found that their e-mail address and FAX number are invalid. I received a bounced message from spmayer@EARTHLINK.NET They are subjecting my site to BLOG SPAM to advertise their services, and my attempts to complain about this behavior has gone unheard, because of their invalid Whois data.
halleyscomet: Earthlink is their Registrar, which is why I'm trying to contact Earthlink
halleyscomet: Where do I go to report invlid whois data to Earthlink for the sites they
Darrell P: Please hold on, while I go through the issue.
halleyscomet: Where do I go to report invalid whois data for Earthlink registered domains?
Darrell P: If you registered ti through EarthLink, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to update the domain information or call our Web Hosting Technical Support: 800-955-0186 (24 Hours / 7 Days a Week).
halleyscomet: It's not my domain
halleyscomet: It's a domaon that's sending me abusive content
Darrell P: The steps below will guide you through configuring Outlook Express for EarthLink:
1. Open Outlook Express
2. From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
3. Click on the Mail tab.
4. Click the Add button.
5. Select Mail in the list.
6. In the Display name field, type your name
7. Click the Next button.
8. Select I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use.
9. In the E-mail address field, type your email address.
10. Click the Next button.
11. Click the down arrow on the "My incoming mail server is a..." drop-down list and choose POP3.
12. In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server field, type in your POP Server name. If you are unsure which server name you should use, please visit http://support.earthlink.net/support/BROWSEHELP/email/ (clicking on the link will open the page in a new window, so you will not lose this chat session).
13. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, type in your SMTP Server name. If you are unsure which server name you should use, please visit http://support.earthlink.net/support/BROWSEHELP/email/ (clicking on the link will open the page in a new window, so you will not lose this chat session).
14. Click the Next button.
15. In the Account name field, type your mailboxname
16. In the Password field, type your password
17. Check the box next to Remember password if you want to save your password. Do NOT select Secure Password Authentication.
18. Click the Next button.
19. Click the Finish button.
20. Click the Close button.
If you would like a copy of these instructions emailed to you, the option will be presented in the survey that appears when you close this chat window. You can then review the email via http://www.earthlink.net/webmail. Of course, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them before closing this window. #PFR#/DUT/Ema/PC/OE5-6/Config
Darrell P: I am sorry, please ignore the above.
halleyscomet: I will.
halleyscomet: I'm not an Earthlink customer, but one of your customers is sending me abusive content through BLOG posts.
Darrell P: If you want to report any issue, you can report it to our abuse department at email@example.com
halleyscomet: I tried.
halleyscomet: I got a message abounce back that I didn't send them enough data
halleyscomet: All I want to do is report invalid whois data.
halleyscomet: Most the other registrars I've seen have a web interface for doing so that actually works.
Darrell P: We are only the resellers, the domain name seems to be registered with http://www.networksolutions.com
Darrell P: Please contact them to resolve it with them.
halleyscomet: Thank you, that's all I needed to know
Darrell P: You're welcome and thank you for using EarthLink LiveChat. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.